Sunday, April 25, 2010

Making of the P90 Model 98 Phase 1

I have decided to share how I modified a Tippmann Model 98 to fit and function inside an airsoft P90. For all of you Stargate SG-1 fans this is a must read.

To start off I bought a Airssoft P90 for $30 on eBay; and a Model 98 on ebay for $60. You don't need to have a brand new Tippmann 98 to do this; in fact you will want one that you don't mind if it gets ruined and is no longer usable.

I chose to use a Tippmann Model 98 because it is one of the most reliable guns you can buy and I wanted to keep the cost under $100.


Phase 1: Cutting of the Model 98

To cut the Tippmann Model 98 first you need to take the P90 apart and remove all of the airsoft internals. Then lay the 98 down on half of the open receiver. Next make where you need to cut the marker so that it will fit inside. Now the fun part, I just used a hack saw to cut the 98, but you could use something else to make it easier, little bit of hard work never hurt anyone though. I have marked the places that I cut below.


When finished cutting the 98 body I sanded down the cut areas. Once the 98 is cut you are ready to move onto Phase 2: Preparing the P90 Body.

No comments:

Post a Comment