Sunday, May 23, 2010

Gundam Sandrock Custom WIP part 3

Well I have run into some problems with the watercolor wash. It has stained the white blue and did not really stay in the panel lines.So I am debating on weather to mask the parts again and repaint the white portions or try and hand paint over the watercolor wash. I think that my problem was that I dulcaoted it instead of giving it a gloss coat. But you learn the most from mistakes. Anyways some better news is that I weathered the feet.I would really like to have this done by the end of the month but I don't think that will happen.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

RGM-79(G) HAMMER Finished

So I finished the RGM-79(G) HAMMER and got some pictures taken. This is my first gundam model that I have airbrushed, modified, weathered, and decal-ed.

The story idea behind this suit is that the HAMMer is apart of a special forces unit and its main role is to provide cover fire for advancing troops and break through defense lines that require a lot of fire power. I gave it the stripe on the head and the stripes on the shoulders to signify that it is not your average pilot, but is not quite to the level of an ace pilot with a completely custom color scheme. The rest of the special force unit will be made up of a sniper(RGM-79(G)), commander(ground gundam or EZ-8), a close combat GM(Striker), standard GM (RGM-79 or just GM), a guntank, and possibly a guncannon.

Let me know what you think.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Gundam Sandrock Custom WIP part 2

So last night I was able to paint all the pieces that where ready for black and yellow painted.

I also did some dry brushing of sliver on the black pieces to help the detail show better and because I want this to be a worn and dirty Gundam Sandrock. Now the black pieces need a coat of dulcoat and they will be done.

Also got the red part on the chest painted and dulcoated to help seal the paint so the masking tape wouldn't peal the paint off when removed.

Today I finished the chest by taping off the red part and painting it black. I then dry brushed it with sliver as well. Finally, I removed the masking tape and put the yellow vents in place.

Now it just needs some touch up hand painting and a coat of dulcoat, and it will be ready for the water color wash.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Gundam Sandrock Custom WIP part 1

This Gundam Sandrock Custom is for the Gundam Wing Group Build at

So originally I was going to paint this in a desert theme but have decided that I wanted to paint it in the original color scheme. So it will look a lot like the version ka. The reason for going with the original color scheme is that Gundams' are supposed to stand out, the grunt suits can blend in, this is because they were made not only to fight with but to be a statement and icon to for people to rally behind.

Everything has been primed and painted white. Now I'm working on masking the parts to say stay white.

RGM-79(G) HAMMER WIP part 5

Okay so it has been a while since I updated this. Anyways, I got the shield painted and dulcoated. Now I just need to weather and apply a few decals.